6.07.2011

What if the Chinese Had Military Bases In America?

As a member of Generation X, I have lived with America's current foreign policy my whole life. Constant wars (cold, undeclared, or otherwise), the propping up of dictators, ridiculous amounts of foreign aid, the constant building of American military bases (we have over 900 around the world), and "NATO" actions have all been commonplace for someone like me.

However, like many in my generation, I do not agree with these policies. What if a country like China imposed on us what we do to others? The golden rule comes to mind here. I applaud my generation for looking at things not just from the "American" viewpoint, but also seeing things through the eyes of others.

If the world is going to improve, we must look to ourselves and our own actions first.


No comments:

Post a Comment